Thank you for your prayers!
The words we speak form us and form those around us.
Scripture tells us that life and death is in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). Jesus also told us that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45) .
If our inward disposition is negative,
our outward expression will be too.
As a smart person once said,
Your inner life determines your creative output.
The best way to measure the inner state of your heart is to choose to be positive. Suddenly you will discover how much negativity forms your beliefs and attitudes.
For me it has been a long process of transformation.
Creative people, as I mentioned last week,
are wired to see what is wrong.
This is how we can come to positive solutions. Unfortunately, immaturity turns this into a critical spirit, or a “false prophetic” that tears down, but does not build up.
Artsy people can be very negative. Trust me, I am a living example. My life and ministry have changed for the better because I have made choosing to be positive a core value.
The key to transformation is learning how to listen to God.
Then we need to choose to align
our thoughts, words, and actions with what God is saying.
I regularly spend time listening to God. And in these times with the Lord, I often receive direction, insight, and perspective. I have learned to take the key phrases and statements from these times with the Lord, and make them part of my speech. I recite them back to the Lord in prayer, and I speak them to those around me.
And just to be clear: I am not speaking these words as a magic incantation to make things happen. Any spiritual practice that is used to manipulate people, the spiritual realm, or situations is a form of witchcraft. (That’s a topic for another day.)
Instead, I am being formed and transformed by reciting the words that God has already said to me. This is very similar to how monks pray the scripture in a monastery, and this immersion in the scripture shapes your whole life and identity.
You are coming into agreement with Truth.
So this week I want to end this email with my current favorite declarations. My list changes fairly often.
I say these throughout the day, and I make them part of my interior life.
I encourage you to craft your own.
- All things are possible for those who believe. (Luke 1:37)
- There is always a solution.
- The Kingdom is always advancing, never retreating.
- All things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
- Jesus, I am in you, and you are in me. (from John 15)
- Let it be to me according to your word. (Luke 1:37)
- Jesus Christ lives in me, and because of this, the most joyful, most loving, most peaceful, most prosperous, and kindest person in the Universe lives in me.
- I will live and not die, and declare the mighty works of the Lord. (Psalm 118:17)
- The light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome it. (John 1:5)
- Rest is my most powerful weapon.
Keep releasing a new sound in the earth.
He Never Fails,